The Hope Center- Drop in Support Services For Women:
At the Center, women who are experiencing homelessness and/or sexual exploitation will find a community where they can receive practical and emotional support tailored to their needs. We hope that the Hope Center is a space where all women can feel comfortable.
At the Center, women have access to a web of supportive services, including case management, access to basic resources, rental assistance, groups, social opportunities and more. The Hope Center is a dynamic space where participants have a direct hand in shaping and executing programming and where women’s voices are amplified and celebrated.
SafeHouse is a home with shared bedrooms, a full kitchen, spacious living space, outdoor areas and a fitness room. It is our hope that for the 18 months women stay at SafeHouse that they feel at home and like they can make the space their own.
Our supportive services are designed to assist residents in meeting the goals they set for themselves. In order to do this, we provide the following for all residents living at SafeHouse:
- Individualized case management
- Access to individual and group therapy as desired
- Rotating activities and classes as identified by the residents like yoga, acupuncture, domestic violence support
- Financial and practical support to work on educational or vocational goals
- Resident and staff outings and retreats
- An innovative Internship Program that offers job readiness training and often leads to a permanent position
- Assistance in locating permanent housing after leaving SafeHouse.
- Programs designed to assist with money management, savings and the cost of leaving transitional housing for permanent housing